To apply for an amusement ride permit, you must complete and submit all required information via TAP. Each form is electronically fillable. Be sure to complete each document as necessary. Once you have completed all required information, log into your Statewide Privilege Amusement account on TAP, click “Request Amusement Decals” and attach your application, forms and other required information.
- Amusement Ride Operating Permit
How to get an Amusement Ride Operating Permit
- Request a safety inspection on your equipment by contacting a certified amusement ride safety inspector.
- Obtain a Certificate of Insurance in the amount of not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00). This will be for each occurrence.
- Complete application and checklist for operating permit.
- Register on TAP for a Statewide Privilege Amusement Account and submit all required documentation.
- Submit non-refundable $100.00 application fee on TAP
Note: Once all information is received and approved, you will then be issued an operating permit decal which will be valid for one year. This decal must be displayed on your equipment in clear view of the public within sight of the operator's station.
Requirements for becoming an amusement ride inspector
Qualified inspectors must:
Be certified by the National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials at minimum Level I inspector; or
Be certified by the Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers International at minimum Level I inspector.
Have twenty- four (24) months of employment experience in the field of amusement ride inspection; and
Not be the owner or operator of the ride or an employee or agent of the owner or operator.
To be listed as an approved inspector:
Complete the application form Application for Amusement Ride Inspector.
Send the form to email@example.com along with the documentation of having met the requirements of a qualified inspector.
Note: The list of approved inspectors is updated monthly.
- Contact Us
Mississippi Department of Revenue
Miscellaneous Tax - Amusement
PO Box 960
Jackson, MS 39205