You can file and pay your taxes online. No additional or specialized software is required; all that is needed to file the return is a computer and internet access. If you need to register for a tax account, please see Register for Taxes.
- You are required to file on TAP if you have more than one sales tax account or business location subject to Sales Tax.
- You are required to file on TAP if you are subject to any of these taxes: Occupancy, Motor Vehicle Rental, Waste Tire, City Utility, ATV/Trauma Care Fee, Utilities filing Distribution by City, Inter/Intrastate Telecommunication, Prepaid Wireless E911, and Distribution of Motor Fuel by City.
Completing a return and paying the tax are two separate steps in this system. You must do both to satisfy the filing requirements.
With TAP you can:
- File returns and amend returns online. The system makes sure all required information is included and performs all math calculations for correctness.
- Make electronic payments of returns and assessments. You may file the return early and schedule the payment for a later date.
- View your tax account activity including account balances. You can view or print copies of your information at any time.
- You can register for new businesses and add accounts to existing businesses.
- You can make application for permits and permit renewals.
- You can make address changes or close an account.
- You can view and/or print all correspondence from the DOR.
Instructional videos are available on TAP.
If you have questions, please contact the Sales Tax Bureau at 601-923-7015.