Commercial Vehicles - Interstate Operations
International Registration Plan (IRP)
The International Registration Plan (IRP) is a registration agreement between the states of the United States and the Canadian provinces providing for the apportionment and payment of commercial motor vehicle license fees based on the distance traveled in each jurisdiction.
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is a base jurisdictional compact comprised of the 48 contiguous states and 10 Canadian provinces. Under IFTA, a motor carrier registers with its base jurisdiction and is issued credentials i.e., license and decals that are valid in all member jurisdictions. Each quarter the motor carrier files a report with the base jurisdiction covering the operations in all jurisdictions in which the carrier’s motor vehicles traveled.
- Mississippi Dept. of Transportation - Commercial Vehicle Permits
- Mississippi Dept. of Transportation - Traffic and Road Conditions
- International Fuel Tax Association Inc (IFTA)
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration PRISM Performance Registration Information Systems Management Program