Timber Severance Tax
- There is a severance tax imposed on all timber products produced or severed within Mississippi.
- The tax rates are determined upon type, quantity or weight of timber products produced.
- The return and payment are due the 15th of the month next succeeding the month in which the tax accrued.
- 93-100Timber Severance Tax Return
Laws and Regulations
- This tax law administered by the Mississippi Department of Revenue may be found at Mississippi Code at Lexis Publishing. (Section 27-25-1)
- Taxpayers whose liability is less than $3,600 annually may file quarterly reports.
- Taxpayers whose liability is greater than $3,600 annually are required to file monthly.