Sales of Alcoholic Beverages by Approved Package Retailers to Other Retailers
ABC licensed businesses may purchase alcoholic beverages intended for resale from authorized package stores.
Retailer's Identification Card
- ABC issues to each on-premises licensee (hotel, restaurant, lounge, private club, casino, caterer, and common carrier) a Retailer's Identification Card following approval by the Commission of their license application.
- The Retailer's Identification Card includes the business' ABC permit number and business location.
- The licensee must provide this card to the approved wholesale / retail package store when purchasing product for resale.
- Lost cards are replaced for a $5.00 processing fee.
- New businesses must make their initial stock purchase from the Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- A package store requesting authority to sell at wholesale must first obtain a federal wholesale license from the Alcohol, Tobacco Tax, and Trade Bureau.
- Wholesalers must provide information on sales made to on-premises licensees.
- Wholesalers submit a copy of each sale to ABC which is used to assess any additional privilege fees (APF) which may be owed by the on-premises licensee. The current price book determines the value placed by ABC on these transactions.
- Wholesalers are not required to provide information on sales made to package retailers to ABC.
- Wholesalers may use store-generated transaction reports that have been first approved by the accounting office at ABC. The purchaser's copy of this report must include a statement of authority to transport the alcoholic beverages to the purchaser's place of business.
- The purchaser and seller must retain copies of each transaction for at least three (3) years.
Delivery of Product
- The authorized wholesaler may make deliveries of alcoholic beverages to either on-premises businesses or other package stores.
- Deliveries may be made only during legal hours of sale.
- The alcoholic beverages must be transported in a concealed cargo area of a vehicle or sufficiently concealed from public view.
- The sale and delivery must be properly documented.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Enforcement Division at 601-856-1320 during normal office hours.