General Information and Links for ABC Vendors
In Mississippi, wines and spirits are sold through the Alcohol Beverage Control Division of the Department of Revenue.
Mississippi statute grants the Department of Revenue the sole right to import and sell wines containing greater than 5% alcohol by weight and distilled spirits containing greater than 4% alcohol by weight at wholesale within the state.
Once a supplier has met registration requirements and has registered an approved representative or broker with the ABC, the supplier may offer to sell alcoholic beverage products through special orders. A supplier may submit a product to the ABC for listing on the ABC Price List after special order sales for that product have exceeded a predetermined sales quota.
Products on the ABC Price List are listed under the terms of a bailment warehouse agreement.
A bailment warehouse program is defined as meaning the Vendor will own stock in the ABC Liquor Distribution Center until it is withdrawn from bailment for shipment to private businesses that hold ABC permits for retail sale of alcoholic beverages. The ABC processes payment to vendors on the first and sixteenth of every month for product withdrawals.
Some key points of the bailment agreement are listed below. You can download the entire bailment agreement here.
The ABC and the Vendor agree to the following:
1. The vendor agrees to place, without charge, approved items of alcoholic beverages into the ABC's distribution center at 1286 Gluckstadt Road, Madison, MS 39110. The items are to be shipped in accordance with the ABC's shipping instructions and, when shipped, are to be cosigned to the vendor, or his representative or agent, in care of the ABC's distribution center.
2. The ABC agrees to handle and store approved items furnished by the vendor for sale in Mississippi.
3. The vendor agrees that all price quotations for bailment stock will be delivered prices to the ABC's distribution center, including tax and duty on imported items.
Vendors own and control the stock that enters the ABC/LDC Warehouse.
Vendors shall comply with the inventory management guidelines as set forth by the ABC.
Vendors are required to supply ABC/LDC Warehouse personnel with a Bill of Lading or Packing List at delivery of which must include the NABCA control state code, the description and name of the product, and the quantity of the product being delivered to the ABC/LDC Warehouse. Control State Code label and SCC barcode must be affixed to cases shipped into ABC/LDC.
Vendor's agents may obtain sales and inventory reports from the National Alcoholic Beverage Control Association (NABCA) showing the activity of their products. NABCA contact: phone 703-578-4200 website http://www.nabca.org/
- Vendor Registration
- Broker Registration
- E-Payment Registration
- Product and Label Registration / Price Quotation Forms
- ABC warehouse receiving policies / procedures.
- Vendor Invoices
- Product Case Labeling Requirements
- Alcoholic Beverage Samples
- Annual Reporting Requirements
Questions? Call 601-856-1342