TAP provides online access to your tax account information: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Taxes available include Individual Income, Withholding, Fiduciary, Corporate and Pass Through Entity Income; Gaming; Insurance Premium; Finance Privilege; Beer and Tobacco Excise; Beer and Tobacco Permits.
Register for TAP
How do I do this?
Statement of Account
Using TAP is free; all you need is internet access.
With TAP, you can:
- make electronic payments of returns and assessments;
- submit returns and amend returns; view recent account activity;
- register a new business or add accounts to your business;
- apply for permits and pay for your permit renewals;
- make address changes; view correspondence from the DOR.
Advantages for Mississippi Taxpayers who use TAP
- TAP is the most accurate way to file your returns. Errors are reduced because TAP does all the calculations for you. TAP also makes sure that all required information is included on your return before it is submitted.
- Income taxpayers (Individual, Corporate, Pass-Through- Entity) file annual returns through an authorized provider. However, you may file estimates and make tax payments with TAP. Additionally, you have access to your tax information including a summary review of the return filed.
- You can file your return early, but wait to pay your tax by scheduling that payment. You won’t need to worry about getting to the Post Office on the due date!
- You have proof that the DOR received your return and payment and when your payment was received. You can view your return and payment history in TAP at any time of the day.
- If you have multiple tax accounts with the DOR, you can access all of your accounts in one place. Only taxes that have been implemented are available.
- If you misplace correspondence sent to you by the DOR, you can view electronic versions of the notices or letters on TAP.
You can choose the “paperless” option and receive correspondence electronically through TAP.
Who can use TAP?
Businesses, individuals, and authorized representatives such as your accountant, can use TAP to manage your tax accounts. Only you, or persons you authorize, can gain access to your accounts.
Bulk filing through the FSET program (Fed/State Employment Taxes) is available. If you use a software package, it is likely your software company is participating in FSET and has the capability to transmit returns and payment information to the DOR in bulk. If so, you will not need to use TAP to file and pay.
Third Party Access for Tax Practitioners
Tax practitioners can have TAP access to account information for each of your clients-- from one login. First, create your own TAP account (only one per FEIN). Once you are registered in TAP, select "Add Access to Existing Account." You need your client's Letter ID and Account ID mailed to the client. The client (taxpayer) must give that information to you in order for you to have access to their accounts.
All accounts you set up for third party access are found under the "Other Taxpayers' Accounts" tab in TAP.
You can register for Sales and Use Tax accounts through TAP. However, Sales Taxpayers continue using FileMS to file your returns. Online filing through TAP is available October 2013.
TAP includes online registration that is available for most taxes. You can register online if:
- you are registering a new business in Mississippi; or
- you are adding a new location, a new permit, or a new tax account to an existing business.
You may register online for Sales and Use tax accounts; however, these tax types are not yet available through TAP. For now, if you register online, the DOR mails you a packet containing information concerning your account and information about filing taxes.
With TAP, you have the option to Go Paperless. This means that you file and pay your taxes online and receive certain correspondence electronically. DOR does not send private or financial information by e-mail.
TAP e-mail lets you know that you have new correspondence to view online. You then logon to TAP to read the letter or message and take appropriate action on your account. Only you, or persons you authorize, can see your correspondence.
When filing returns, making payments, or updating profile information, always log directly into TAP using your User ID and password. TAP does not provide links containing your transaction or personal information to any external web site.
Available Tax Types